Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

McHenry County Annual Tractor Trek

I just got back from the bank here in Spring Grove after being delayed by lots and lots of old farm tractors going down Meyer Road toward Horse Fair Park, I imagine.  The police had traffic on US-12 stopped and it eventually became one huge line, probably a couple miles long.  It was the McHenry County Annual Tractor Trek.

I wasn't in it, fortunately, but couldn't proceed to a couple other places I wanted to go to, so just parked the '85 Firebird, got out and watched the procession.

How often do you get to see a whole lot of antique tractors go by.  Of course, McHenry County, Illinois, is known for its farms and agriculture, so this is of special importance.  Every year, there are a lot of tractors in the Spring Grove 4th of July parade as well.

Had I known about it earlier, I would have been there for the whole parade, as I figure I only caught the tail end of it.

One of Those Unexpected Pleasures.  --RoadDog

No comments: