Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

What's So Great About the Grateful Dead?

Much is being made about the Grateful Dead's "Fare Thee Well" concert to be held this summer in Chicago.  the tickets are all sold out and people are looking for them.  Radio stations are giving some away.  I had two friends that got into the lottery but were unsuccessful.

I, for one, would never waste my money on one of their concerts.  I did once back in the late '70s at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin.  Worst concert I've ever seen.  It lasted way too long and I think they maybe played three or four songs in 3-4 hours.

I should mention here that I am not a fan of jamming at all.  One or two songs I can perhaps put up with, but definitely not this.  I did, however, find enjoyment in watching the others who were obviously in their own little worlds.  One whole hillside seemed to be moving to the jamming.

And, I have lots of Grateful Dead studio albums and enjoy their songs.  Great stuff, but that jamming just doesn't make it for me.  I realize that puts me in the minority, but I wouldn't go to this concert, especially without Garcia, with all the jamming I'm sure they'll do.

Even If I Received Free Tickets.  Like I Said, I Don't Like Jamming.    --RoadDog


SOME CRAZY SAYINGS:  Every calendar's days are numbered.

No comments: