Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 21, 2019

It's A Creedence Thing For Me: "Lodi" and CCR Getting Back Together?


I was listening to Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots just a little while ago, 7 am to 10 am Sundays on WDRV, 93.1 FM, Chicago, the Drive, something I do most every Sunday (I record Terri Hemmert's Breakfast With the Beatles, 8 to 10 am on Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM on my cassette tapes to listen to during the week.)

Anyway, Stroud played "Lodi" by Creedence Clearwater Revival and that song, of course, perked up my ears and is one that really takes me back to my college days because it was my fraternity's song (Delta Sigma Phi), that we sang about a special girl.  Only our words were different.  I couldn't tell you them here, but believe me, at our parties, we really belted our version out.

The new words were written by Cyzck and Beasey.

But, after the song, Stroud said the words I gave been waiting so long to hear, that Doug Clifford, Stu Cook and John Fogerty have been meeting and talking about burying the hatchet.  John's brother Tom Fogerty has since died.  When the band broke up in 1972, there were really hard feelings.

I consider CCR my favorite 1960s band.

Can a tour be long in coming?

CCR Forever.  --RoadFan


EGGCELLENT EASTER JOKES:    Q:  What would you get if you crossed the Easter Bunny with an over-stressed person?   A:  An Easter basket case!!

No comments: