Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 12, 2019

Lest Ye Forget or Didn't Know: Tomorrow, April 13, Is Record Store Day


Always a big day for me.  A day to get back to my past.  A day to Flip Through the Albums.  A day to be amazed at all the young folks looking at albums instead of downloading.

It's RECORD STORE DAY.

I'll be heading over to my favorite mom and pop record store, The Vinyl Frontier, in McHenry, Illinois.  And, then maybe over to Siren Records, also in McHenry.  I feel lucky to have not one but two record stores that close to me.

I'll be buying several albums and several CDs.

My favorite record stores that are no longer with us:

Full Cyrkle Records in Crystal Lake, Illinois
Record Revolution in DeKalb, Illinois
Record Rack in Goldsboro, N.C.

If you're not sure where a mom and pop record store is nearest to you, go to the site and they will tell you.

I should also mention that you should tune into Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM tomorrow as they will do a Saturday Morning Flashback to 1991 from 9 am to noon and then the rest of the day and night will be all album sides.  And, I mean album sides played on vinyl.  It streams.

Not That I Need Another Record or CD.  --RoadDog



No comments: