Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 8, 2019

Old Friends, a Procession and the Legion-- Part 1


We actually are having spring-like weather these days.

FRIDAY, APRIL 5

Met my old buddies, Magee teachers at the Bristol 45 Diner in Bristol, Wisconsin.  I sure enjoy these monthly meetings and all the memories and where are they now?  Also, some really fine omelets here, especially their Mediterranean omelet.

On the way back, I saw the funeral procession of Illinois State Trooper Gerald Ellis who was killed last week in the line of duty.  We had several hundred people gathered at the place I was at.  There had to have been 300 police cars from all over Illinois and even as far away as Louisiana and Texas.  I had my Blue Line U.S. flag with me.

The police still have a lot of support and respect from us, even if some people don't like them.  There was not one single BLM person out there.  Well, Blue Lives Matter to us.

For more on the funeral procession for Officer Ellis, go to my RoadDog's RoadLog blog.

Met friends Barb and Glenn, and Kevin and Kelly at the Legion that night.

--Ro

No comments: