Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 15, 2019

WLS Top 40 for April 14, 1969-- Part 6: "Rock Me"


Fifty Years Ago.

15.  WILL YOU BE STAYING AFTER SUNDAY--  Peppermint Rainbow       #32    Mamas and Papas II.  Real good song, though.  Watch the video.  Their biggest of two hits.

14.  GIMME, GIMME GOOD LOVIN'--  Crazy Elephant     #12     I am writing a lot about this in my RoadDog's RoadLog blog.    One of my absolute favorites.  A geography lesson, but way too short at 1:57.

13.  ROCK ME--  Steppenwolf     #10  -  Their third straight Top Ten.  Takes me right back to Palatine High School and Senior Lounge.  This song played a whole lot.

12.  I CAN HEAR MUSIC--  Beach Boys     #24    Those vocals.  Carl on vocals.   Everyone else on harmony except Mike Love who was getting paid for doing not much of nothing.

11.  SWEET CHERRY WINE--  Tommy James / Shondells     #7  Follow up to #1 "Crimson And Clover."   A different song from Tommy compared with his earlier songs.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "From Atlanta, Georgia, To The Gulf Stream Water."  Answer below.  --RoadDog



"Gimme, Gimme Good Lovin"   Go to my RoadDog's RoadLog blog to find out more than you ever thought you'd know about this song, one of my all-time favorites.



No comments: