Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Dwight Sings Buck


A couple weeks ago, I was in Wal-Mart looking at the records, well CDs when I came across an album I deemed worthy of purchase. It was called "Dwight Sings Buck" and was sung by Dwight Yoakam, one of my favorite country performers. He was singing songs of his mentor, one Buck Owens. Buck is also one of my favorites, especially when I'm driving down the road.

Even better, it was on sale for $9.99.

He took 15 of Buck's songs and didn't just imitate him, but kept his essence.. Great stuff. It was released on Dwight's birthday, October 23rd. "The one of a kind new album celebrating and honoring his friend and mentor Buck Owens." The first release off it is "Close Up the Honky Tonks" and the video is currently playing on CMT. How about this, it is also available in a limited edition vinyl record. How's that for keeping with the roots.

--RoadDog

No comments: