Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Fall is Apple Time


One thing I really like about fall, besides the tree colors and ESPECIALLY the smell of burning leaves, is the great apple crop.

I have to have my peanut covered caramel apples, especially those from Chicago's Affy Tapple Company. They've been making them since 1948. http://www.affytapple.com/

Then, there is the great apple cider. I'm not talking about apple juice, I'm talking about that really dark stuff. Stuff with a kick.

I stock up on these items as well as fresh apples. I have heard about a new apple that is supposed to be the best around these days, the honey crisp. Saturday, I finally found some at the local Spring Grove Jewel grocery store. It was quite expensive at $2.50 a pound, so I got one. Whoever came up with this is a genius. This was the BEST apple I've ever eaten.

I like my apples hard and a bit tart. Granny Smith's are also a favorite. While in Australia, we went by the place where they came into being.

Lovin' Those Fall Apples. --RoadDog

No comments: