Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mom Would Have Liked This Music


While at the Veterans Day Dance, I kept thinking that Mom really would have liked to have been there. This is her kind of music. Don't ever get into a Name That Tune contest with her on this music from the 30s and 40s. You won't have a chance.

I remember our trips and car rides of the past. We kids were in the back. Mom and Dad were in the front seat. Unfortunately, the radio was up front as well. And guess who got to listen to THEIR music. Something about seniority I guess. We were not too happy about this, but this was in the days before Walkmans and of course, today's Ipods. Kids today don't know how lucky they are when it comes to car trips.

I really hated what Andy calls "Atlanta" music. That was the station my parents listened to on the many times he stayed with them while growing up.

It wasn't until I started listening to Big Band and Swing music records at my in-laws that I started liking it. I really like it now and have quite a collection, as well as the ones I got from them.

The Lakes Area Community Swing Band covered them all. I'll give you the set list in another entry.

Now, a Glenn Miller and Sinatra Fan. --RoadDog

No comments: