Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Great News-- Part 2

Yesterday, I went to the infectious disease doctor and after looking at the thumb, he said I no longer needed to go to hydrotherapy and, BEST OF ALL, the picc would come out. That means no more nurse visits, blood pickups or supply drop offs.

Plus, with the picc out, I regain use of my left arm. I don't know why the picc was put in my left arm anyway. It should have gone into the right arm as that hand was already out of commission. With the picc in the left arm, I essentially lost use of both hands.

Today, I went to the hospital ambulatory unit, and in 15 minutes, the picc was out. Freedom!!!!

Now, I'll have to work the thumb to regain use, but at least this is on my time.

Sure Hope I Don't Have to Do This Again. --RoadDog

No comments: