Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Tough Life, But Somebody's Got to Do It-- Nah, I'm Retarred-- As In Retired!!!

As I start my third year of retirement, I woke up this morning at 8:15 am and thought to myself that I'd have been a ways into my first period class had I still been teaching.

Oh well. It's a burden I'll just have to carry.

As punishment, I sat out on the deck (OD) and wrote in my journal and read the journal from twenty years ago, 1988. I was still deejaying a lot back then, and had a new convertible top put on the '67 Firebird, a new back-up battery-operated sump pump for the basement and had broken down and bought central air thanks to a Really Hot and Dry Summer that had caused us to start sleeping in the basement seeking the cooler climes.

I also listened to Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots show from August 3rd, where he went back 40 years to a pretty good summer in my life, 1968. Those songs sure brought back the memories.

Right now, I'm sitting in the gazebo as it got too hot out on the deck. Especially without the umbrella which took off to parts unknown during a severe storm back in June. I have some extra umbrellas in the garage, but haven't gotten around to bringing one out. I'll blame it on the thumb.

Typing away, two-fingered on this here laptop and listening to Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville.


I Feel So Guilty. Later, We're Going Out on the Boat. --RoadDog

No comments: