Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

589 Miles, Two Cities, and Two Meetings Later-- Part 1-- NTNin' and Drivin' Through Central Illinois

I was on the road Friday until just a short time ago.

Friday, I drove to Springfield, Illinois, Friday, so I could go to the Sons of Confederate veterans Illinois Divison meeting at the Hilton Saturday and the Route 66 Association of Illinois quarterly meeting in Litchfield on Sunday.

I took the usual avoid-Chicago route, Il-47, from Woodstock to Dwight, then got my Kicks on Good Old Route 66 to Bloomington-Normal, then I-55 around it to US-51 south to Decatur.

Gas most of the way was $2.05 to $2.10, but $1.90 around Normal.

This was a ways out of my way, but I wanted to visit some NTN sites that I had been to before.

First stop was at Snapper's on Clinton's beautiful town square. I asked the bartender to play the game and she had no idea what I was talking about. I found out later that NTN was coming to Snapper's. I'll sure go back. Besides a beautiful old town square, there are also several historical places.

Then, I played NTN at B-Dub (Buffalo Wild Wings) in Forsyth, a town a few miles north of Decatur.

Then, went to a great Cheers-type bar with a great name, Just One More, in Decatur. The place was packed, both inside and out with folks enjoying the great weather. I had to look twice upon driving in. There were so many pick ups parked in the lot, I thought it might be a dealership.

Unfortunately, not many people play there. I was the only one playing and I got in on the last eight questions in Countdown and my 5900 ranked #5 of 9 who had played there for the month. My 7300 in the new game ranked #1 for the site. No way that should rank that high this late in the month. If they don't get more players, I'm sure they'll drop it, which would be too bad.

By the way, this was the 800th different NTN site I had played at in the last 12 or so years. I believe this to be the most of any of those of us who are addicted to this dumb game.

Getting Ready to Bar Hop on Route 66. --RoadDog

No comments: