Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

JSS: No More Pontiac to Kick Around-- Culverts Are My Game-- April Showers Bring....-- Snuggy Parties

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. NO MORE PONTIAC TO KICK AROUND-- Really sad to hear that 2010 is the last year for my favorite car company. At one time, all three of our cars were Pontiacs: 1967 Firebird, 1985 Firebird, and two straight Grand Ams.

I guess I can give up waiting for them to bring the Firebird back like they did the Camaro.

Just one more thing "they" are taking away from me.


2. CULVERTS ARE MY GAME-- Last month, I put red interlocking bricks around the west driveway culvert flower bed. Liz said she liked it and that I should put the brick around the east side flower bed. After due consideration, I decided it would look good and yesterday went to Menard's (Where I always SPEND big money) and bought 30 more (95 cents each and buy two, get one free).

I came home and installed them. It looks as good as anticipated. These both should help keep the grass and weeds out of the areas as well. Function and beauty, that's what I like.


3. APRIL SHOWERS BRING....-- We have certainly been getting a LOT of rain of late. Raining AGAIN this morning. Rained Monday and then, of course, the all-day soaking back on the 19th. Bulbs are blooming and trees are really budding.

Sure glad I cut the grass for the first time this year, yesterday.


4. SNUGGY PARTIES-- Many were held around the country Saturday. Have we REALLY come down to that. What next, Smiley Face parties?

Just Some Stuff, You Know. --RoadDog

No comments: