Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's Them, Not Me: The "AIG Effect"-- No More AIG-- What Tax Break?

Things That Burn My Butt.


1. THE "AIG EFFECT"-- I see that US corporations have canceled $1 billion worth of conferences (read P-A-R-T-I-E-S) and have trimmed back others in these days when more and more folks are getting upset as corporate types cavort at the expense of regular types. Good. Maybe we're finally getting through their over-inflated egos.


2. NO MORE AIG-- Sweet words indeed. They need to go the way of Enron. It is estimated that AIG, one of the main reasons we're in this economic mess along with Big Oil and Hedge Funds, by 2010 will be just a fraction of itself after all the planned spinoffs, mergers, and downsizing. Glad to hear this. Now, if all their leadership and investing folks would just be blacklisted. People like this should not be able to create havoc again. I know we now have Valic back instead of AIG on our statements.


3. WHAT TAX BREAK-- I must have been overlooked, but I'm not getting any money back, but AM paying a lot more in addition to what I already paid. What gives?

Don't Look Back, They May Be Gaining. --RoadDog

No comments: