Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 13, 2009

That Crazy Squirrel

I spent quite awhile yesterday morning watching a squirrel in my back yard. We are a newer subdivision and our part was just fields back 18 years ago, so the trees are just now getting big enough to attract those bushy-tailed rats that are so much fun to watch.

I mean, I could spend hours watching these critters and occasionally annoying them with noises or movement.

I was listening to Bob Stroud in the sun room as he did his "For the Love of Money" show because of taxes coming due and the state of the economy. I saw a piece of newspaper that had blown into the yard and had become lodged by a tree in the arboretum all of a sudden start jumping around. There not being much wind, I kept watching until I saw a small, gray, furry head pop out one side with a mouth bulging with newspaper.

It then scampered off to a neighbor's yard and climbed a tree. During the course of the next hour or so, the squirrel made at least ten trips, each time with bulging mouth. Must have been building a nest in that tree.

It would attack that paper with relish. On two different occasions, it moved the paper section toward the tree and I thought it would catch on to a labor and running-saving measure, but it didn't.

I filmed the proceedings for posterity.

It Sure Doesn't Take Much to Entertain Me. --RoadDog

No comments: