Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

JSS: Honey, the Neighbors Are in the Garbage Again-- April showers (and Cold) Bring...-- Ten Tacos to Go-- Drinking on the Cheap, Eating Too

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. HONEY, THE NEIGHBORS ARE IN THE GARBAGE AGAIN-- A bit of an embarrassing moment this morning. While taking the garbage out, I noticed one of the neighbors' containers was open where the breeze blew the lid open. Being a good neighbor, I walked across to close it. Inside was a neat wooden bear holding a welcome sign. Way too neat to throw away, so I decided to take it.

Wouldn't you know it, right at that moment, the wife came driving up. CAUGHT!!! I made sure to explain the particulars. She said she didn't really want to throw it out, but was ready for a change and was very happy I'd give it a new home.

At least, that's what she said. Honest, I usually don't go garbage diving.


2. APRIL SHOWERS (AND COLD) BRING...-- Sure been some miserable weather since Sunday, and I HAD to drive the WHOLE way back from Litchfield, about 50 miles northeast of St. Louis, in the rain, and sometimes it was quite heavy. Not a real joy. Any way, rained off and on all day yesterday and a light drizzle for the garbage caper (see above). High yesterday was 50, today 45, but a big warmup on the way, just in time for the roadtrip this weekend.

Lots of bulbs blooming right now.


3. TEN TACOS TO GO-- I made Liz's day, and brought back ten tacos (2 for $1) from the Jack in the Box in Litchfield. This is the closest Jack in the Box to Chicago, and always a must-stop when we're this way (except when we've filled up on the Cozy Dogs in Springfield, about fifty miles away. If you've ever had their tacos, you'll know why.

When I ordered the ten tacos, I told them I was taking then 200 miles. The cashier laughed and said one person comes through every two weeks and has a standing order for 200 to bring back to Chicago. Many others get large orders as well.

I wonder what the delivery charge should be from Litchfield? Hey, Liz!!!


4. DRINKING ON THE CHEAP, EATING TOO-- Yesterday, I played NTN at Pug Mahone's in Fox Lake, Illinois, and enjoyed their $1 pints of Coors Light. On the way home, I stopped at the Lakes American Legion on US-12 and had their 50 cent 10-oz drafts and 50 cent hot dogs. Let it be known, I like cheap beer and food.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: