Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 17, 2009

My Picks for Top Ten Beach Music Songs

This past week, I cast my votes for the top forty Beach Music songs on 94.9 the Surf in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, just in time for the Spring SOS (Shagging on the Strand) get-together. I need to go to the summer or fall one some time.

#1. Southern Style-- Mike Stewart
#2. River of Love-- Craig Woolard Band
#3. Motor Under the Hood-- Holiday Band
#4. Love Thang-- Tim Clark Band
#5. Hey Cutie-- High Tide
#6. Life is a Beach-- 58 West
#7. If You Can't Shag-- Reverend Bubba
#8. I've Got Nothing to Lose-- Magnificents
#9. 1 2 3 Kind of Love-- Band of Gold
#10. Everybody Needs Love-- Gold Rush

Some other GREAT Beach Music Titles:

Satisfy My Soul-- Albert Rogers
Sugar Darling-- Gold Rush
Backseat Blues-- Clint Horton
Four Letter Word-- Castaways
Myrtle Beach Again-- Doug Winstead
Hunkybunkhattie-- Fantastic Shakers
Who Stole My Radio?-- Tony Galla
Your Love looks Good on Me-- Castaways

If you're getting tired of the same-old, same-old songs, tune into Endless Summer or the Surf streaming on the internet on Saturday mornings to hear the TOP FORTY Beach Songs. Both lists are quite different.

Shag, for you non-Beach Music folk refers to the dance that goes along with the music.

Sand in My Shoes. --RoadDog

No comments: