Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

JSS: No CDs at the K-- Still Lots at the Best-- Truck Passed-- Eyes Passed

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. NO CDS AT THE K-- Wednesday, I was at the K Mart in Crystal Lake, Illinois, and went to the electronics section. THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY CDS FOR SALE!!! Not even one!!! I know that day is fast approaching in all stores, but this was the first I've seen. And, it's sad. I love to browse. I used to love browsing albums, then cassettes, then CDs.

YOU JUST CAN'T BROWSE DOWNLOADS!!! You can't physically touch them as you flip them.

2. STILL LOTS AT THE BEST-- However, next door, there were lots and lots of CDs at Best Buy. They got 60 bucks of my dough with new albums by Jason Aldean, Taylor Swift, Rascal Flats, Keith Urban, Zak Brown and Ray Charles. All were on sale at $9.99 and Zak was $7.99. I shouldn't watch the Country Awards Show before going to a record store. And, hey, old Brother Ray was a bit country too.


3. TRUCK PASSED-- I was in Crystal Lake to have an emissions test on the Dakota. It passed (it should since its a 2005), but even better, it was f-a-s-t==. I went right in and about three minutes later was finished.

4. EYES PASSED TOO-- I also had to go to Woodstock to get a new drivers license which expired on my birthday in May. Again, this was f-a-s-t==. Went in and was out in about eight minutes, including an eye test and ten bucks. Ever since I started driving, I've had an eyeglasses restriction. Finally one part of me that's not wearing out. It's even getting better. I now do not have to wear glasses to drive, these 41 years later.

How About That? --RoadDog

No comments: