Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Dr. Pepper and Me

Earlier, I mentioned that a man had discovered a possible formula for Dr. Pepper dating back to when it was invented. I mentioned that I really liked my Dr. Pepper (remember, no diet back in the fifties and sixties) when I was younger and Diet Dr. Pepper now, although I am drinking a 12 oz regular Dr. Pepper with a football on it right now.

Personally, I like Coke and Pepsi just as well, especially whatever is on sale.

One fond memory I had growing up was when I visited my father's parents in Mt. Olive, NC. On really hot days, we would go over to my Uncle Delbert's service station. He had his soft drinks (pop here in the Midwest) in a cooler that was so cold that a little bit of ice formed at the top of the pop, indicating it was about as cold as it could get without freezing.

You then popped the top off in the built-in opener, put it up to your mouth, turned the bottom up and took a deep drag. One that was good enough for a belch if you did it right. Instant cool-down. Instant satisfaction. A real "AAHHH!" moment.

Sometimes for an encore, you'd pour a bag of Lance's Peanuts or Mr. Peanuts into it for a snack along with the blast.

Now, That Was Living. --RoadDog

No comments: