Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

JSS: Transplanting Perennials-- A Very Derby Day-- A'wrasslin' I Did Go

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. TRANSPLANTING PERENNIALS-- Temps in 60s and partly sunny, so spent the day out in the yard transplanting daisies, mums, lillies, and hostas. The neighbor across the street came over and said she had dug up some hostas and sedum and I was welcome to get some, which I did. I'm always looking for new varieties of hostas.


2. A VERY DERBY DAY-- Went to Baja Benny's on Fox Lake for the Kentucky Derby. Several ladies were wearing those strange Derby hats. Missy made me a mint julip for $5.50. I've always wanted to try one. I wasn't too impressed the first sip, but by the time I finished, it was tasting much better. We had two horses in the pool. One came in third.


3. A'WRASSLIN' I DID GO-- Yesterday, my buddy Rick mentioned that he had an extra ticket to the wrestling show at the American Legion tonight. I picked him up and saw my very first ever pro wrestling event and must admit that I enjoyed it a lot.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: