Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some Cancelled TV Shows

The Chicago Tribune's TV critic, Maureen Ryan, wrote about cancelled TV shows. Shows of interest to me:

NBC: "My Name is Earl," "Kath & Kim"

ABC: "The Unusuals," "According to Jim"

CBS: "The Unit"

Maureen mentions that another network could pick "Earl" up and added the word "Finally" after "According to Jim."

I watched "Kath & Kim" several times before deciding it was one of the dumbest shows ever. It did nothing for me. "My Name is Earl" always was, and still is, a favorite. Finally, a show that didn't feature NYC twenty-somethings, and with some of the funniest characters anywhere. Definitely a show for the Jerry Springer folk. I sure hope someone picks it up.

I saw a few episodes of the Unusuals and found it to be an interesting cop show. I am also a big fan of "According to Jim," but ABC moving the premiers back and wondering it it was going to be on, hurt the show. Plus, it seems to have run its course.

I really liked "The Unit" at first, but there are only so many secret missions you can go on. Another series that had run its course.

Spending Way Too Much Time Watching TV. --RoadDog

No comments: