Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 8, 2009

JSS: NIU Fire-- North Myrtle Beach Fire-- Weeds

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. NIU FIRE-- I was glad to find out that no one was injured in that fire at the fraternity house on Greenbrier yesterday. I lived on that street back during my sophomore year at Northern Illinois University in the Delta Sig House.

At first, looking at the pictures, it appeared that the fraternity house was next door to where I lived, but Liz did some research and it appears that the fire took place across the street. So George and my old room is safe.


2. NORTH MYRTLE BEACH FIRE-- Quite a bad fire down by North Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. This is one of our favorite places to go and especially get our fill of that good old East Coast Beach Music.

They had problems with smoke for days afterwards and even interfered with radio signals. I know that one day last week, I couldn't get the Surf, 94.9 FM, over the internet. At least I have several sources of Beach Music now, so was able


3. WEEDS-- The weed wars are in full swing. From the rampant dandelions and clover in the yard to the attacks on the flower beds, these guys mean business.

My Uncle Bo sent this and I thought it was appropriate.

WEEDS-- AUTHOR UNKNOWN

"When weeding, the best way to
make sure you are removing a weed
and not a valuable plant
is to pull on it.
If it comes out of the ground easily,
it is a valuable plant.

I know I leave some suspicious characters in the ground as I'm not sure if they're a weed or not. BUT, BOY do I know those dandies.

Just Some Stuff. RoadDog

No comments: