Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

JSS: Man, That's the Blues-- A Very Ramone Day-- World's Most Annoying Laugh-- HD Radio

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. MAN, THAT'S THE BLUES-- Another of my favorite radio shows is Tom Marker's Bluesbreakers Show on WXRT in Chicago from 9 to 10 PM, Mondays.

Each week, he spotlights a blues artist. Awhile back, he spotlighted Otis Rush. Now, if anyone ever had the "blues" more than Otis, I don't know who it was. Spotlighted songs were "I Can't Quit You" (covered many times by rock musicians), "Walking the Back Streets and Crying" (and even the title is desperation), "Any Where I'm Going is Better Than Where I've Been," and "Double Trouble" (Stevie Ray Vaughn's band took the name).

With lines like, "It's hard to keep decent clothes to wear," "Bad luck and trouble taken me," "I have no money to show," "It hurt me so bad," You ran me out of my house while you just stood there and grinned," if that doesn't get you, the crying guitars will.

The blues certainly haven't been nice to him. But, he's made some dough.


2. A VERY RAMONE DAY-- Little Steven, on his Underground Garage on WXRT Sunday nights from 9 to 11 PM, had a show devoted to the Ramones, a group that he really likes. I somehow missed them when they were popular, but am starting to like them a lot more, especially listening to Little Steven's show. I even bought their greatest hits album.


3. WORLD'S MOST ANNOYING LAUGH-- Yahoo's Today section had a video on what they regarded as the world's most annoying laugh. It was pretty annoying, but not more than the laugh of one teacher I used to work with. That was really b-a-d!!


4. HD RADIO-- I've been enjoying the commercials for HD Radio which are quite funny. I guess I ought to get one and listen to all that great stuff I'm missing. And, it's FREE after you get the radio. I wonder how much they cost?

Just Some Stuff-- RoadDog

No comments: