Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Bob Dylan's Turning 70 Tomorrow-- Part 1

Not only is tomorrow my 60th birthday, but it is also Bob Zimmerman's 70th.

Rolling Stone Magazine had an issue devoted to Bob Dylan's 70 best songs. On yesterday's Rock and Roll Roots, Bob Stroud cherry-picked his way through that list playing as many as he could in the three hours of his show as well as snippets of what he would have had in the top 70.

He did not just play the songs by Dylan, but also covers. Of course, there were a lot of Byrds and Band songs.

Here are the songs Stroud played:

67. Leopard Skin Hat
60. Buckets of Rain
55. If Not for You-- George Harrison (I did not know this was a Dylan song.)
54. Fourth Time Around
53. When I Paint My Masterpiece-- Band

52. Tears of Rage-- Band
47. Spanish Harlem Incident-- Band
45. It Ain't Me-- Turtles (My favorite Turtles song.)
44. Stuck in Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
43. Got to Serve Somebody

40. I Threw It All Away
38. My Back Pages-- Byrds
37. Maggie's Farm
32. Chimes of Freedom-- Byrds
29. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere-- Byrds (I always think this one should be called "Rockin' Chair.")

28. The Times They Are a-Changing-- Byrds
25. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
24. Lay Lady Lay (My favorite Bob Dylan song. Liz bought me the 45 when it came out and her parents had a fit when they saw the title.)

Happy B-Day Bobby. --RoadDog


ONLY IN AMERICA...Do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

No comments: