Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Every Blooming THing: Dumb Old Me and the Storm

I wasn't planning on doing it, but what I did last night caused that storm that went through here six hours ago and shut everything down.

I have been hand watering the septic field lines the last several days as the grass is really brown over them, as in dormancy. Several years ago, we had a bad drought and I only water the flowers, bushes and trees at such times. The yard has to take care of itself.

However, I learned that does not apply to the septic field. When it finally did rain, the rest of the yard greened up in a week. But that area over the septic field did not come back. I had to work on it for two years to get the grass back and I sure don't want to do that gain.

I guess that grass doesn't go dormant and turn brown, it really dies.


DUMB OLD DOG

Last night, I set the sprinkler out and turned it on, figuring a good three hour soaking would save it. Three hours later, I went to sleep.

This morning when I woke up, it occurred to me. I didn't think I had turned the sprinkler off. I went outside, and, sure enough, there it rotated. But, the grass had greened up nicely.

Sure glad we are on well and not city water as we'd have to take a second mortgage out to pay for the water.

Anyway, watering your grass during a drought (about three weeks now after a very, very rainy spring) is a lot like washing your car. It brings on the rain,

So, for those of you who had damage, my apologies.

Dumb Old RoadDog. --RoadDog


YOU MIGHT BE FROM CHICAGO IF...You know why they call Chicago the "Windy City."

No comments: