Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Every Blooming THing: Dadburn Beetles Back-- Hosta Garden

DADBURN BEETLES BACK-- The same day I printed the last EVBLTH, I found my first Japanese beetle. I also killed my first Japanese beetle of the season. My lawn law is to kill them whenever and wherever I find them.

Last year, they were nowhere as bad as they usually are. Hoping for a repeat this year.

I wouldn't mind them if there weren't so many of them, and they just keep coming. I can do a yard sweep and kill everyone of them and come back later in the day and they are back.


HOSTA GARDEN-- Work on the hosta garden at the west end of the arboretum is about finished. This was actually the first place I planted hostas with the intention of making them the main focus and that was about eight years ago.

All this time it has remained incomplete until we had my encroachment on the neighbor's yard a few weeks ago. This got me to moving on it. The back retaining wall is finished and large-growing hostas have been transplanted behind it.

The other hostas were thinned out and moved according to size. When you plant them, you can't tell how tall they will eventually get and I get too many big ones together.

I Sure Hate Those Lousy Beetles!! --RoadDog


YOU MIGHT BE FROM CHICAGO IF...You biy the "Trib."

No comments: