Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 8, 2011

JSS-- Three More Varmints-- Boat's in the Water-- Born in the Fifties-- Route 66 At the Movies-- Liz Is Gonna Move You, Baby

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. THREE MORE VARMINTS-- Found three more of those rotten Japanese beetles yesterday. I got two of 'em. One got away.


2. BOAT'S IN THE WATER-- The boat was launched yesterday and is still in the water. About time sincethe boating season is about half over. The marina said that the grease on the steering cable had just about turned into glue which made the boat extremely hard to steer.


3. BORN IN THE FIFTIES-- Wednesday I saw the movie "Larry Crowne." I recommend it, but near the end, Julia Roberts was talking to the twenty-somethig girl that she thought was Tom Hanks' girlfriend. When Julia brought the subject up, the girl looked surprised and then almost in disgust. "Are you kidding, he was born in like, the fifties!!"

What, does that make him old? What about my being born in 1951. Does it mean I'm out of the running with the young ladies now?


4. ROUTE 66 AT THE MOVIES-- Wednesday I saw "Cars 2" which had a little bit about Radiator Springs and Route 66. Then, at the end of "Larry Crowne" I saw them cruising down a road that looked like Route 66 out west and there was even a Route 66 sign. Always good to see my road getting publicity.


5. LIZ IS GONNA MOVE YOU, BABY-- After I got the boat in the water (backing that thing up is not one of my areas of expertise), Liz was going to take the boat out while I took the trailer over to Kora's.

Liz always completely forgets how to operate the boat over the winter and tried to give it more gas while she thought it was in neutral. Unfortunately, it was in gear and the boat surged forward toward the boat launch ramp. Kora and I yanked hard on the lines and fortunately Liz realized what she was doing and stopped the boat before contact was made.

Boats and Concrete Ramps Should Never Come Into Contact with Each Other. --RoadDog


HUMOROUS THINGS TO SAY ON YOUR COLONOSCOPY-- "Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before."

No comments: