Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's the Correct Terminology?

Whenever I have a small fire out on the Grand Strand (what I call the large patio by the gazebo), I have it in the metal fire pit. That patio is named for one of our favorite places, South Carolina's Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach. It is one of six patios, not counting the deck here at Key North (what we call the house and yard, after another favorite area).

I have been calling it a bonfire, but it really isn't a bonfire as I always think of bonfires as being huge affairs.

It really isn't a campfire, although the size is more appropriate, because I'm not cooking anything and I'm not camping. However, I do have the occasional cocktail there.

Right now I'm thinkig of calling it a Strand Fire, unless anyone comes up with a better name.

Fire in the Hole!! --RoadDog


YOU MIGHT BE A CHICAGOAN IF...No matter where you are, when you hear the term "Downtown: you immediately assume they're talking about Downtown Chicago.

No comments: