Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Carolina for Thanksgiving 2012-- Part 1: A Driving Day

On the road again and making Big Oil richer.

Well, at least I did not encounter gas more expensive than $3.70 a gallon (in Illinois of course) and generally around $3.40.  Gas in Virginia and North Carolina was as low as $3.24.  I hate how I consider that to be "cheap gas" anymore.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH

After packing and then watering the plants, I set off at 9 AM.  Drove the usual way all day.  Illinois Highway 47 from Woodstock to Mahomet, a pit stop at the McDonald's in Yorkville and another in Gibson City.

Then I-74 from Mahomet to Indianapolis, with gas along the way in Crawfordsville, Indiana (usually among the cheapest $3.40).  Then, I-70 to Columbus, Ohio, and then through to Zanesville and another night at the Super 8 west of town and on US-40 (the National Road).  The motel cost $56 with tax.

Now, since I'm hooked on Cincy chili, a stop at the Skyline Chili place by Exit 29 in Dayton.  Dinner was served and eaten.

Drove About 520 Miles for the Day.  --RoadDog

No comments: