Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Where Were You November 4, 1972?-- Part 3

Well, some of us were preparing to vote in a couple days, and for me, at least, my first presidential election.  If I recall, I voted for Nixon.

These songs were playing on the radio:

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING--  CHI COLTRANE--  One hit wonder
SUNNY DAYS--  LIGHTHOUSE--  Canadian band's second U.S.Top 40 hit.  The year before they charted their first one with "One Fine Morning."

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW--  JOHNNY NASH--  A song that would hit #1 on the Billboard Top 100 charts.  (Early reaffae, probably my first introduction to that sound.)
YOU WEAR IT WELL--  ROD STEWART--From his newest album Never a Dull Moment.

IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA--  ALBERT HAMMOND--  (Good thing as if it does, you get mudslides.).)
FREDDIE'S DEAD--  CURTIS MAYFIELD-- Top Ten from Chicago's own.
LISTEN TO THE MUSIC--  DOOBIE BROTHERS--  Their break through single and first top ten.
GOODTIME CHARLIE'S GOT THE BLUES-- DANNY O'KEEFE--  A song I've always had a soft spot in my heart for.  One-hit wonder.

I'LL BE AROUND--  SPINNERS--  My favorite Philadelphia soul song of all time  (Could these guys sing or what?)
GARDEN PARTY--  RICK NELSON AND THE STONE CANYON BAND--  (What happened to the "Y"?  Ricky?)

Hey, The Walrus Was There.  --RoadDog


No comments: