Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Where Were You November 4, 1972?-- Part 4

DON'T DO IT--  BAND--  Charting a US Top 40 hit with a song originally done by Marvin Gaye back in 1964, an old Motown thing.  Their version coming off a great new double vinyl record called Rock of Ages.  Sung by the late great Levon Helm.
LIVING IN THE PAST--  JETHRO TULL--  brand-spanking new on this date.  (And remember, the first Grammy winner for heavy metal.)

MY DING-A-LING--  CHUCK BERRY--  Embarrassing himself all the way to the top of the charts.  Part of the London Chuck Berry Sessions.  (And, there was old Fred and myself singing on top of the table.)
I DIDN'T KNOW I LOVED YOU UNTIL I SAW YOU ROCK AND ROLL--  GARY GLITTER--  Follow up to "Rock and Roll."  (And sounding very similar.)

BEEN TO CANAAN--  CAROLE KING--  First single release from new album called Rhymes and Reasons.
AND YOU AND I--  YES-- From the new album Close to the Edge.  In the Top Ten.

BLACK AND WHITE--  THREE DOG NIGHT--  (Always reminds me of driving down the Lincoln Highway in Dekalb, Illinois.
ELECTED--  ALICE COOPER--  A very swift move to come up with something just in time for the elction.

KNIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN--  MOODY BLUES--  The #1 Song at this point in time was almost five years old.  it was released in late 1967 on Days of Future Past.  #1 in Chicago.  (And Liz's all-time favorite song.)

Cold-Hearted Orb That Rules the Night.  --RoadDog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was having a miserable time having started the 8th grade that year.I hated school from the get go and stayed out of it as much as possible (No Regrets) When I did I would compulsively buy 45's to spin the hours away in my room. Most of the titles you mentioned. I saved my Top 30 Surveys from Boston AM Station WRKO I collected from 1967-81.I didn't care much for what came out when disco emerged in the mid 70's so as a teen then I went back to collecting older music from the 50's-early 70's. I haven't stopped til this day. Those were great decades for pop/rock music.