Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Look Back: The Top 20 Songs of December 1969-- Part 2

11.  ELI'S COMING--  THREE DOG NIGHT--  Always reminds me of The Barn (eating place) at Grant Towers dorm at Orange Bowl-bound NIU back when I was a freshman.
12.  BACKFIELD IN MOTION--  MEL & TIM--  Great soul

13.  WEDDING BELL BLUES--  FIFTH DIMENSION--
14.  WHOLE LOTTA LOVE--  LED ZEPPELIN--  This one takes me back to what we called the Tune Room at the University Center for NIU.

15.  I WANT YOU BACK--  JACKSON FIVE--  How do you do a better soul song than this.
16.  MIDNIGHT COWBOY--  FERRANTE & TEICHER--

17.  SMILE A LITTLE SMILE FOR ME--  FLYING MACHINE--
18.  CHERRY HILL PARK--  BILLY JOE ROYAL--  A long-time-coming follow up to '65's "Down in the Boondocks."

19.  LA LA LA (IF I HAD YOU)--  BOBBY SHERMAN--  Regardless of what the Kirkster might say, I enjoyed this guy's music.
20.  BABY, I'M FOR REAL--  ORIGINALS--

WHAT SHE SAYS AND WHAT SHE REALLY MEANS:  I need = I want

No comments: