Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Record Review: The London American Story

When I travel, I always carry along several CDs that I haven't yet listened to.  I switch between local radio stations and the CDs.

This was a double CD that I had bought at Half-Price Records in Palatine, Illinois.

The U.K. label Decca Records had used the London name on its U.S. arm since the 1930s.  They launched the London label in the U.K. in 1949.

This double CD included songs released on both sides of the Atlantic.  Many are instantly recognizable, while others are not.  Most were recorded in the early 1960s.

Some of the recognizable ones " "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darrin, "This Magic Moment" by the Drifters, "Let the Little Girl Dance" by Billy Bland, "Alley Oop" by the Hollywood Argyles "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie...." by Brian Hyland and ""Mr. Custer" by Larry Verne.

But what I liked most about these CDs were the huge number of ones I had never heard before.

This was a real nice slice of the early 60s music experience.

"What's the Indian Word for Friend?"  --RoadDog


YOU MIGHT BE A YANKEE IF:  You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping.

No comments: