Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

About Last Weekend-- Part 2: About That Porch and Those Flowers


FRIDAY, JUNE 23RD

Most every morning I spend time sitting out on the front porch (FP) and have coffee and breakfast.  Love listening to the birdies, looking at the yard and sort of being a neighborhood watch.  I then go on the internet and do these blogs.  This morning I had one of those great Aunt Jemima sausage scrambles that I
"doctor" with extra onions and shredded cheese as well as Frank's Red Hot Sauce.

I went to our local grocery store, Jewel, and found they were selling all remaining plants for 75% off, a real good deal.  Most of their stuff was pretty well picked over, but I did find some good items.  I love this time of the season as stores are getting rid of their flowers for big discounts.  I stock up, but not that I need to.  I have more than enough plants but just can't help myself.

I went to McHenry and went to Wal-Mart, Meijer and Home Depot looking at flowers, but they did not have any on sale yet.  Had that new Steak 'N Shake Royale burger with the fried egg on it.  That is quite good.

Came home and did some yardwork and then went to Sunnyside Tap and the Legion and met up with the Usual Suspects.  Came home and enjoyed the Ultimate Jukebox in Margaritaville, our downstairs bar.

--RoadDog

YOU'RE DRINKING TOO MUCH COFFEE WHEN:  You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.

No comments: