Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

About Last Weekend-- Part 1: A Crown Pain, Hot Dog, Flowers and Suds


THURSDAY, JUNE 23

I had the joy of getting some dental crown (lots of drilling (one of my least favorite things to hear in a dentist office, especially when it is on me) work done in Round Lake Beach.  Thank goodness Dr. Bennett does all the work himself and it did not hurt as much as it might.

Afterwards, I went to Scotty's  Hot Dogs on Cedar Lake Road which has been there since 1966 and had one of their hot dog meals and ate out back at the picnic table.  Scotty's is a RLB institution, bona fide hot dog stand.  I hadn't been to it, though, for many years.

I then went to Ace Hardware in Round Lake, which at one time was billed as the world's largest Ace Hardware and might still hold the distinction. They were selling flats of flowers (48) for $4 as they get rid of supplies.  I bought a flat, of course.

Came home, did some planting, cut the grass then went to Sunnyside Tap in Johnsburg for their $1.25 pints.

--RoadDog


No comments: