Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, December 16, 2018

WLS Top Ten for December 16, 1968: "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"


Fifty years ago this week according to the WLS Hit Parade.

1.  I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE--  Marvin Gaye
2.  I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE ME--  Bobby Vinton
3.  ABRAHAM, MARTIN & JOHN--  Dion

4.  THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY--  New Colony Six
5.  CINNAMON--  Derek
6.  FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE--  Stevie Wonder
7.  STORMY--  Classics IV

8.  LOVE CHILD--  Diana Ross & the Supremes
9.  BOTH SIDES NOW--  Judy Collins
10.  SON OF A PREACHER MAN--   Dusty Springfield

DEBUT SONGS

31.  BELLA LINDA--  Grassroots
34.  CONDITION RED--  Goodees
35.  PAPA'S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG--  Otis Redding

37.  STAND BY YOUR MAN--  Tammy Wynette
39.  WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN--  Brooklyn Bridge
40.  GOODNIGHT MY LOVE--  Paul Anka

Hey, you Beach Music fans.  Go to You Tube and give a listen to the Goodees "Would You, Could You" and "Double Shot Of My Baby's Love."

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Someone I've Needed So Long."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

POLITICALLY INCORRECT CHRISTMAS SONGS:  "Most Wonderful Time Of the Year"  Everyone telling you to be of good cheer?  Forced to hide your depression?


"For Once In My Life"

No comments: