Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

WLS Top Ten for December 30, 1968: "Things I'd Like To Say"


The Top ten songs in Chicago fifty years ago.

1.  I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE--  Marvin Gaye
2.  THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY--  New Colony Six
3.  I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME--  Supremes / Temptations

4.  CRIMSON & CLOVER--  Tommy James & the Shondells
5.  SON OF A PREACHER MAN--  Dusty Springfield
6.  I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE ME--  Bobby Vinton
7.  STORMY--  Classics IV

8.  SOULFUL STRUT--  Young Holt Unltd
9.  ABRAHAM, MARTIN & JOHN--  Dion
10.  FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE--  Stevie Wonder

DEBUTS

33.  TOUCH ME--  Doors
39.  EVERYDAY PEOPLE--  Sly & the Family Stone
40.  CALIFORNIA SOUL--  Fifth Dimension

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Now I Don't Hardly Know Her, But I Think I Could Love Her."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Crimson & Clover"


No comments: