Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bad Weekend for Football (For Me at Least)


Friday, my local high school, Richmond-Burton lost a hard-fought game to Stillman Valley 33-31 despite a furious comeback at the end. I didn't see the end as I lost the battle with the mosquitoes.

Saturday, Georgia (I went there my junior year) lost to South Carolina and Northern Illinois (where I went the rest of my college career) was cruising along easily before self-destructing and losing to the Salukis of Southern Illinois. Unbelievable. We had two interceptions returned for TDs, three times they converted on 4th downs in the next to last SIU TD, then they recovered an onside kick and scored to win. They scored two TDs in the last 1:01 of the game. This one REALLY hurt.

Sunday, the Bears lost to San Diego 14-3.

Sometimes Your Teams Just Don't Win. --RoadDog

No comments: