Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Is an RV in My Future?


I doubt it, but you never know. It might be just the thing for roadtrips of which I am very fond. I also like staying in the mom and pop motels which are generally cheaper. And then there is the huge cost of gas, low RV mileage, and big gas tanks on them.

I probably won't make up my mind until I get the opportunity to go out in one.

Right now, my brother and his wife have a RV and two of our friends, Sue and Paul, just got bitten by the bug. They just bought one at the beginning of the summer and enjoyed it so much, they're already looking to buy another one. One that, as they say, is more to their specifications.

I also am a Road Advisor on the Road Trip America forum, and the guy who started it got into roadtrippin' after his home in California burned down in a forest fire. They bought a really big RV and "hit the road."

Anyway, what brings RVs to mind is an article in the June 16th Chicago Tribune titled "A shrine to kings of the road" by Bob Sector. It is about the new RV Hall of Fame museum in Elkhart, Indiana.

I will write about the article in my other blog http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com

Still Wonderin'. --RoadDog

No comments: