Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thanks a Lot, Bob-- What Happened to My Beatles Albums?


While doing the Time Warps and typing in the songs by the Beatles, that suddenly brought back the "repressed" memory of what happened to my original Beatles albums.

I had all of the originals and they were in very GOOD shape. When I went off to Northern Illinois University in the fall of 1969, I, of course, had to take my albums and record player with me. I took all of the albums except the Beatles ones. I didn't want them to get messed up at college. S0, I left them at home for safety.

Boy, was I ever wrong on that one. When I came home, I found that ALL of them were scratched, smudged, in the wrong covers, without the sleeves, and essentially unplayable.

Just who might the culprit be? Was it my dad or mom? Not likely. Perhaps, my sister Julie? Also not likely. Well, maybe the Siamese cat Sammie? Don't think so.

Now who might be left that would have mistreated my Beatles albums so badly? What about the guy I shared a room with, my brother Bob. A VERY likely culprit if you ask me. Of course, he completely denied it. But if you ask me, "He dun the dastardly deed."

Perhaps we can get a comment?

I Know What You Did While I Was Away at College. --RoadDog

No comments: