Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sweet Corn and Stade Dairy Farm


On my way back from visiting with my mother-in-law Frances this past Friday, I stopped at Stade (prounounced Stah-day) Farm on Miller Road about a mile from our house for some of the last corn for the season. This is very popular place for corn and vegetables as everything is always fresh-picked that very morning. They have two other roadside stands in the area as well as the main one.

A year ago, they built a huge barn-like complex to handle all the customers and their Shades of Autumn celebration which they hold every fall in September and October. They have hayrides, a pumpkin cannon which is really a sight to see when it fires, petting zoo, mazes, food, and entertainment every weekend. It is free admission.

A week from today is the Classic Car & Truck Show and Rockin' Oldies Concert. One of my favorite local oldies bands, The Rockin' Fenderskirts will share the bill with one I haven't seen, Dr. Rhythm and the Rockers. With a name like that, they can't be too bad.

I especially like the sweet corn at Stade's. Just-picked as it is, it's hard to beat. When we first moved out here in 1992, it was 25 cents an ear, but thanks to Big Oil's inflation, it is now 35 cents, but way too worth it.

Once home, I was trying to break a bad piece of corn off one ear, and got juice in my eye, that's how fresh it is.

http://www.stadedairyfarm.com/

http://www.shadesofautumn.net/

Sweet Corn, BBQ, and Hot Dogs. These are a Few of My Favorite Things. --RoadDog



No comments: