Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, November 12, 2010

My Picks for This Year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2011-- Part 3

I am making my five choices for induction next year. All of the fifteen nominated have a right to be in it, but I am just limiting myself to my top five.

My Third Choice-- DONOVAN


If there was a guy who fit better into the 60s groove of things more than Donovan, I'd sure like to know who.

Born May 10, 1946 and named Donovan Phillip Leitch near Glasgow, Scotland. From 1965 to 1969, he had twelve songs in the Top 40 and four of those to the Top 10 with a #1 and #2.

Catch the Wind #23
Sunshine Superman #1
Mellow Yellow #2
Epistle to Dippy #19
There is a Mountain #11
Wear Your Love Like Heaven #23
Jennifer Juniper #26
Hurdy Gurdy man #5 (my favorite Donovan song)
Lalena #33
Atlantis #7
To Susan on the West Coast Waiting #35

All the songs and background information for all artists coming from Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1993.


SENIOR BUMPER SNICKERS: Senility ain't bad. I wrap my own Christmas presents.

No comments: