Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nirvana for 60s Chicago Rock Fans-- Part 1-- New Colony Six

This last Saturday, Liz and I went to Bob Stroud's CD release for his Rock and Roll Roots Volume 12 part at the Schaumburg, Illinois, Borders store.

We were treated to two hours of more memories than you can imagine as the groups featured were mostly all our favorites from that great era when we were in junior and senior high. (In my case, Winston Park Junior High and Palatine Hish School.)

This was also held in honor of the 30th year Stroud has had his Rock and Roll Roots radio show.

The show started off with a dedication to Mark Eskin of the New Colony Six who died this past year. He had played with the band the last 14 years.

Bob Stroud sang "Guitar Man" with the band in his honor.

Then, the band began singing their hits:

I CONFESS
I COULD NEVER LIE TO YOU
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY
LAST NIGHT*
I WILL ALWAYS THING ABOUT YOU (Liz and My Song from when we met, along with "Massachusetts" by the Bee Gees.)
CAN'T YOU SEE ME CRY
LITTLE GIRL*

Not one of their 60s hits, but really great songs nonetheless.

From 1965 to 1973, they had more Chicago hits than any other local band.

A Great Way to Spend a Saturday Afternoon. --RoadDog


DOORMATS WITH ATTITUDE: "Got Dirt?"

No comments: