Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pretty Good Weekend-- Part 1

This past weekend was a pretty good one.

FRIDAY-- Did some yardwork and like to froze my tail off. That cold in the wind was cutting. Bought the new Jason Aldean album and a Scorpions Greatest Hits Cd at Meijer's and then spent time in the Vinyl Frontier in McHenry looking at Cds and Lps. I actually bought two albums by Sly and the Family Stone and Jay and the Americans. I just love to flip those old albums while looking for that special one.

Met the Usual Suspects at Gasoline Alley for $1 bottles. Way too cold to sit out on the deck and overlook Grasslake, so stayed inside. Then the Usual Suspects went over to Da Bears Den in Fox Lake and each coupe got a 14-inch pizza with two toppings and a pitcher of beer for $11. That's a hard deal to beat.


SATURDAY-- In the morning, I went to the bank to cash a check and got four rolls of quarters. Some day, I would like to finish up my two sets of quarters. Those "P" Philadelphia quarters are hard to find.

I was quite excited to find that Walgreen's was selling bobble heads of my all-time favorite Christmas movie "A Christmas Story." I just love that marathon and watch it off and on all day. I bought a bobble head "Old Man" holding the infamous lamp.

More to Come. --RoadDog



SENIOR BUMPER SNICKERS: Eat Right. And Exercise. Still Die.

No comments: