Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun Turns 70-- Part 1

From the December 20th Chicago Tribune.

Ralphie Parker really, really wanted one and made it his life's mission to get one for Christmas in any manner necessary.

Bass Pro Shops sell the 200-shot range model air rifle and it is considered one of the most popular BB guns in history. I'm trying to remember if I had one, but am drawing a blank. I know we had air rifles, but don't think they shot bbs. Probably a good thing considering my brother Bob and my friends' wars.

Of course all the adults other than his dad would say was, "You'll shoot your eye out." Om 2009, over 10,000 people were admitted to emergency rooms for pellet and BB gun injuries.

The value of one can reach $300.

Some men have been spotted buying them for themselves. In that great movie, "A Christmas Story," Ralphie mentions the gun almost 30 times.

Of course, the annual marathon starts tomorrow on TBS where it will be shown eleven times over a 20-hour period.

I Didn't Shoot My Eye Out, But Didn't Have One Either. --DaCoot

No comments: