Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun Turns 70-- Part 2

The Red Ryder air rifle was introduced in 1938 and named for a popular comic strip and movie star by that name. Another part of its popularity lay with its resemblance to the famed Western Winchester rifle. Of interest, it is still in production.

The Red Ryder never existed in its movie form with a compass and sundial in its stock. Author Jean Shepherd came to Daisy before the movie was filmed and wanted three guns made for it. He insisted that he had had one like it as a child.

The Daisy Company told him that the Red Ryder never had it, but one of their models, the Buck Jones, did. They think he most likely had both and when one broke, Shepherd merged the two together.

Daisy actually made these guns in 1983 and 1984. I imagine one would be worth a lot now. they also made them for the film's 20th and 25th anniversaries.

Maybe I'll get Either That or a F-R-A-G-I-L-E Lamp Under the Tree Tonight. --RoadDog


SIXTIES HITS REVISED-- Leslie Gore "It's My Procedure and I'll Cry If I Want To."

No comments: