Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

JSS: "Miracle on 34th Street"-- Still Cold-- Homebound Two Days-- Bars and Movies and Christmas Lights-- Homemade Irish Cream-- Christmas Music

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. MIRACLE ON 34th STREET-- Last night, I saw the Christmas movie "Miracle on 34th Street." I had forgotten how good it was. I'll have to move it onto and up to #4 on my Christmas Movie favorites list. (See a couple days ago.)


2. STILL COLD-- We've now had below freezing temperatures for seven days. But, i do have to admit that the last several 20 degree days were "balmy."


3. HOMEBOUND TWO DAYS-- We ended up staying home all day last Sunday and Monday because of crummy weather. That is rare for me, not so much for Liz.

4. BARS AND MOVIES AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS-- Tuesday, I had an excellent Mexican omelet at Dill Pickle in Spring grove ($5 special). The hash browns were so good I didn't even have to put on A-1 like usual. In the afternoon, Liz and I went to Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin and had eight Top 20 Rankings in NTN.

Wednesday, it was Taco Bell and the movies "Unstoppable" and "Love and Drugs" in Fox Lake and 35 cent jumbo wings at the Dill Pickle.

WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY Liz and I drove around and looked at Christmas lights. Again, the business on Johnsburg Road between Spring Grove and Johnsburg has an unbelievable display, always a highlight for viewing.

YESTERDAY, it was recording songs for Larry Logan's memorial service today and a trip to Donovan's for more NTN (another 8 Top Twenties).


5. HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM-- Thursday, we went over to friend Pam's house to make her annual homemade Irish Cream drinks which we bottled. She gives them to friends. had a great time making and drinking them. They had SOME kick.


6. CHRISTMAS MUSIC-- While typing away at this with my two busy little fingers, I am listening to Christmas tapes I made over the years. I have about fifty of them and have been listening to them over the last couple weeks while posting and researching.

Enough. --RoadDog


SIXTIES HOTS REVISED-- Bee Gees "How Can You Mend a Broken Hip."

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Looke like a fun day.
Re: Part II sayings. In Ireland they say Cromwell had two choices in leading his army in Waterbury. Overland thrus and village of Hook. Or upriver landing at Crook.
He choose Hook in the end. :)