Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

JSS: Bowl Games-- Star Wars Marathon--Dadburn Eastern Time Zone-- A White Christmas

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. BOWL GAMES-- I've been watching 'em. I've noticed that many of the Big Guys like Tennessee and Georgia get to go to them for their awesome 6-6 seasons. Other Little Guy schools like Northern Illinois get to go to them for 11-3 seasons. Right Julie and Andy?

I wonder if Northern would have gone to one with a 6-6 record?


2. STAR WARS MARATHON-- Yesterday, I started recording the Star Wars Marathon, all six movies, on Spike, something I've always wanted to do. Just sit down and watch them in order.


3. DADBURN EASTERN TIME ZONE-- I woke up at 5 and went downstairs to Margaritaville Bar in the basement to put another VHS into the VCR, that's right, I'm still using them.

Spike had stopped the marathon for infomercials after the third movie. I backed up to the end of the third one and saw that the marathon would continue at 9 am this morning.

I went to set up the VCR at 8:45, only to find the 9 am was Eastern Standard Time. Since we're in Central, I missed the first 45 minutes. Hope they show all of them again. I hate when that happens.


4, A WHITE CHRISTMAS-- As if we needed some more of the stuff, but it snowed all of yesterday with about two more inches. It made the roads slippery so I just had pop while at the Legion last night. I don't drink and drive on icy roads.

Of course, we have now had snow on the ground since December 4th.

I am no fan of snow. If only we could train it not to fall on driveways, sidewalks and roads.

We did drive around and look at lights again, including that great display on Johnsburg Road.

Happy, Merry to You. --RoadDog


YOU'RE A FLORIDIAN IF...You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes.

No comments: