Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Rockin' into the Hall of Fame

The Class of 2011 inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been announced.

Tom Waits
Neil Diamond
Alice Cooper
Dr. John
Darlene Love

All five have been eligible for induction for a long time under the rule that acts can't be eligible until 25 years after their first recordings.

I picked Diamond and Cooper and three others who were passed over: Bon Jovi, Donovan and the J. Geils Band.

Neil Diamond told Rolling Stone, "I'm happy that they recognized me and my work.: He continued, "Any club that has Chuck berry and Little Richard and the Everly Brothers is a club that I want to be a part of."

Some people would like to see Hip-Hop acts included, but my own opinion is that I worry about that kind of music being the end of rock and roll.

There is always next year.

Induction will be held in March in New York.

Come On, Guys!! Bon Jovi, Donovan and the J. Geils Band Belong!! --RoadDog


SIXTIES HITS REVISED-- Johnny Nash "I Can't See Clearly Now."

No comments: