Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Allen Vick's Beach Boogie & Blues Show WNCT-AM

Most every morning, I tune into Allen Vick's Beach Music show on WNCT 1070 AM, from 6-10 am EST, out of Greenville, North Carolina. Great music and local news and weather; my family lives in Goldsboro, Mt. Olive, Kenansville and Warsaw.

Yesterday, I enjoyed Allen talking about his mother which reminded me of my own to an extent. His mother had been very anti anything and anybody having anything to do with computers, just like my mom.

However, his mom got a laptop and high speed access and now is Ms. Computer Head and can't get enough of it. She is even into Facebook. My mom, however, still abhors anything to do with computers. She says she wants to learn, but won't take the time. She'd rather see her friends and family face-to-face.

Plus, Allen believes that modern music is pretty bad (like myself), but his wife is into the new stuff and lets him know when there is a song that could be classified as Beach and he played one by Train.

My wife doesn't like hardly anything after the 1960s.

Myself, I liked most everything in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Starting in the 90s, it dropped to about 50 per cent and still stays there now.

So. Allen Vick Might Be My Brother from Another Mother. --RoadDog


EVER WONDER...Why they don't make the whole plane out of the stuff they use to make that indestructable "black box?"

No comments: